Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Febuary, The Month of Love

Well, I guess it's been a while since I've written. Okay, about two months... so I apologize to the few people that actually keep up with me. After saying that, I will begin.
  I'll start with a quick update first; I have now switched families for the first time, and I am loving it. I have officially been here for three weeks, but was on vacation with my first family for a week of it. So I'm still just starting to make myself a home here. I fell into their routines right away, and found it suprisingly easy to fit right in and feel like I'm at home. I loved my last family, and I am so thankful they were my first, but to be honest, I feel more at home in the house. I felt completly at ease as soon as I walked in the door, and the feeling has stayed with me since. I feel like I can breathe here, and I love it.
  I didn't end up going to Easter Island as I had origanally hoped, but I'm dealing with it. I have two friends there now and I'm trying to contain my jealousy. I went on two occasions to the South of Chile-- first to a small town called Linares, and second to Tomé. Since none of you probably know where those are, I'll take the liberty of filling you in. Linares is about 4 hours south of Santiago, and towards the Eastern side of the country. I wasn't exactly in Linares, but about 45 minutes more into the middle of nowhere where I spent a week with my host family and another exchange student. It was beautiful country, and the stars at night were breath-taking. There, I certainly had my fill of chickens, flies, and and pan amasado. And to be clear, I wasn't actually eating the chickens or the flies.  A few weeks after my return, I headed down about 6 hours south Santiago to Tomé--a city very close to Concepción. As most of you know, Concepción is where the Earthquake hit last February. Tomé, was also affected. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the images I´ve seen won´t be easily erased from my memory. I also went to the beach that had been overtaken by the tsunami soon after the earthquake.
  Though I've been enjoying a long vacation, but I'm excited to start school again in about three weeks to get back into the swing of things. I've missed my friends a lot and I'll be happy to see them everyday now. I think the hardest thing will be going to bed on time, and getting up early. Since I've been out of school, I tend to go to be during the wee hours of the morning, and wake up sometime early afternoon. I know that won't go over well with my body. I know that this title doesn't make much sense, since I am just now publishing this at the end of March, but I really did write this more than a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment